Hi guys, today’s blogpost is a collab with the gorgeous Gabi, we did a collab almost a year ago on our “Favourite Mac, Rimmel and Benefit Products“! Today we are both sharing our favourite healthy cookie/bar recipe, Gabi’s is a banana, oat and cacao nib one whilst mine is a apple oatmeal one.
- 120g finely diced red apple
- 1 large egg
- 170g honey
- 90g oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1) Mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl
2) In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, egg and vanilla then stir in the honey
3) Stir in the flour mixture then fold in the apple
4) Chill the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes
5) Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
6) Drop the cookie dough into about 15 round scoops and flatten slightly
7) Cook for 13-15 minutes
These cookies are delicious, they taste almost like banana bread with the apple giving an amazing texture so I definitely recommend making them! Go check out Gabi’s cookie/bar recipe out as I definitely am going to be making them very soon as they sound scrumptious.
What is your favourite healthier item to bake?
Ruby Red Roses xoxo