Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year – filled with friends, family and food. I’ve neglected my blog in the last couple of months of 2016 but I’m kicking off being back with a blogpost of my goals for 2017. If you were wondering where I’ve been, I’ve been rather busy doing vlogmas on my youtube channel, I managed to vlog and upload every single day in the lead up to Christmas (I’ll link the playlist here if you haven’t caught up yet)!
Before I kickstart this post, I just want to say that I truly wish every single person reading a happy and healthy 2017. Last year may have been amazing for you, or awful, and either way I hope 2017 is (even) better for you. On a more serious note, humanity is continuing to fail us, so as an individual please do all you can to spread love and peace.
1) Eat Better Move More – Pretty self explanatory, eat less junk food, get my sweat on more. I haven’t set myself a specific weight or size to reach because I want to measure my progress in how I feel in my own skin. If I only lose a couple of pounds but feel happy in my body then I could not expect any more of myself.
2) Be More Efficient – I am the procrastination queen, really I am, it was in my twitter bio for over a year so it must be true! This year I want to use my time more carefully, 2016 flew by and really made me realise that time slips between your fingers and you can never get it back.
3) Build My Empire – This sounds so cliche, it is I admit, I actually have it on a pencil. This year I want to create a life I love for myself. I want to make blogging and vlogging a part time job, money is not the incentive however I want to be able to have it as a job so I can focus my time solely on it.
4) Care Less – I get hung up over the smallest things. I want to care less about what others think about me and care more about what I think about myself. If I am happy with what I am doing then “those who matter won’t mind and those who mind don’t matter“.
5) Just Say Yes – I am notorious for being the friend that turns down the party invite to stay at home, eat pizza and binge watch youtube. There is nothing wrong with having those nights occasionally, but 9 times out of 10 I turn the opportunities down and it really doesn’t benefit me in the long run.
6) Make My Bed – This may sound like a messy person’s resolution but trust me I am anything but messy. I often don’t make my bed up properly with the cushions and throw because I know I’m just going to get back in it in half an hour. This goal is more about not getting back into bed, it isn’t great for you as it really should only be a place you sleep, I’m going to buy a beanbag to act as a comfy space to use during the day instead of my bed.
7) Be More Mindful – I’m a stress head, I’ll put my hands up and admit that, but I’m more ashamed to admit that I’ve been neglecting taking care of my mind over the past few months. The New Year was the push I needed to start using headspace, a meditation app again.
Hope you enjoyed reading my goals for 2017, I’m nosey so personally love reading other people’s and gathering inspiration for my own.
Leave me a comment down below with one of your goals for 2017! Have we got any in common?