Summer Lip Picks

FINAL 2

As sunglasses, shorts and floral dresses get rummaged out from the bottom of draws and wardrobes, you know that summer is finally here. The main tell tail for me, that summer is here, is that I will be an oily mess. My makeup slips and slides all over my face in the heat, so I most often opt for a light base, which gives me the opportunity to balance it out with a bold yet pretty lip.

FINAL 3

Bright or neutral, opaque or sheer, moisturising or matte – I have chosen seven lip colours to share with you that I will most certainly be wearing this summer. When choosing my summer lip picks, I noticed that a lot of brighter shades tend to have a sheen finish even though I personally prefer a matte lip for longevity. To combat this, I simply dust a loose, translucent powder over the top and voila – simple as that!

FINAL 1

Left to right – Nars Brigitte, W7 Glamorous, Too Faced Debutante, Makeup Revolution Sweet Boy With a Big Mouth, Benefit Wing Woman, Clinique Plum Pop & W7 Spontaneous

thumb_IMG_1287_1024

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Brigitte – A moisturising peachy pink which is very comfortable on the lips

IMG_2404

W7 Chunky Lips in Glamorous – A pinky lilac lip crayon with a creamy formula

IMG_2411

Too Faced Melted Metal Liquified Metallic Lipstick in Debutante – A metallic peach with gold flecks

IMG_2412

Makeup Revolution Ultra Velour Lip Cream in Sweet Boy With a Big Mouth – A barbie pink lip cream with the most incredible smell of vanilla cupcakes

IMG_2417

Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Colour in Wing Woman – A moisturising, sheer, peachy nude with gold flecks

IMG_2424

Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer in Plum Pop – A dusky plum which is semi-matte yet moisturising

IMG_2428

W7 Chunky Lips in Spontaneous – A pinky coral with a moisturising formula

IMG_2434

I hope you’re all having a wonderful summer, whether you are at home or have been away. If I’m being honest, I’m already excited for Autumn/Winter, which also means the return of berry lips! Perhaps I will do an Autumn lip picks blogpost..

What is your summer lip pick? Which lipstick do you reach for time and time again during summer?

Ruby Red R0ses xoxo

15 Comments

1. July 30, 2016 / 12:13 pm

These are all such fun colors! Perfect for summer. I think my fave is the Clinique plum color!

JennyLovesBeauty♥

• July 30, 2016 / 1:47 pm

If there is a time for bright colours then it definitely is summer! I highly recommend the Clinique pop lipsticks, they feel beautiful on the lips and are very opaque xoxo

2. July 30, 2016 / 12:22 pm

These pictures are gorgeous!

• July 30, 2016 / 1:48 pm

Thank you so much! I do try really hard with my photography and the props I use – knowing you like them really means a lot xoxo

3. July 30, 2016 / 1:38 pm

I love the metallic finish of the too faced melted:)
    I did a similar blog post for national lipstick day, I would really appreciate it if you could check it out and leave some feedback!x
    My link is~ https://jess09xobeauty.wordpress.com/

• July 30, 2016 / 1:51 pm

It really is stunning, if you have a counter near you, just go and swatch them all!! They are all so stunning 😍 I had to resist buying a lipstick yesterday even though it felt really justified xoxo ps yes of course I will

• July 30, 2016 / 2:05 pm

I always have to resist buying and it’s not fun haha🙈 and thank you!x

4. July 30, 2016 / 2:59 pm

Love your post, they all look so gorgeous! You should do full face makeup looks with them too 🙂

• July 30, 2016 / 3:10 pm

Thank you! I might uploaded one to my youtube channel, thanks for the suggestion ❤ xoxo

• July 30, 2016 / 3:32 pm

They are so beautiful, I really need to wear it more as I tend to stick will my matte nudes! I really want to try out there new melted matte lipsticks xoxo

• July 31, 2016 / 7:33 pm

Thank you! I find them really helpful, instead of just seeing them in the bullet, takes more effort but so worth it xoxo